Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Animal Services

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Mailing address:
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​821 S. Coppell Rd
(Corner of Southwestern Blvd and S. Coppell Rd)
P.O. Box 9478
Coppell, TX 75019
​Phone: (972)304-3515
Fax: (972)304-7054
​Monday - Saturday:  9 am - 5 pm
​Sunday: 1- 5 pm​
Follow us on social media:
Facebook: @CoppellAnimalServices



animal services FAQ​

​Does Coppell require pets to be registered with the City?

Yes. All dogs and cats that live in Coppell are required to be registered with the City annually and to display both a current City tag and a current rabies tag on their collar at all times. To register your pet, you may visit most local veterinarians or the City of Coppell Animal Services Center and provide proof of current Rabies vaccination. The current cost of registration is $10 per year for a sterilized pet or $20 per year for an unsterilized pet. We also offer a three year city registration tag which can be issued with a three year rabies given within the same month as a new registration. If you prefer to register your pet by mail, please provide current proof of Rabies vaccination, payment and the completed Application for Animal License. Mail to: Coppell Animal Services 821 S. Coppell Rd., Coppell, TX 75019. Checks can be made to City of Coppell. Contact us for more information.

Does Coppell have a leash law?

Yes. Both dogs and cats are required to be confined or restrained whenever they are off of the owners property, including parks and walking trails. If your animal is off leash, you could be issued a ticket for having an animal at large.

Does Coppell have a "pooper scooper" ordinance?

Yes. Citizens who walk their dogs are required to pick up and remove, in a sanitary manner, any waste left by that animal on any property other than that of the owner.

What number can I call to report a dog that barks constantly?

Call the Animal Services Department at 972-304-3515. Dogs that bark constantly and are disturbing neighbors is a violation of the City Ordinance.

What number can I call to report a stray animal?

Call the Animal Services Department at 972-304-3515 to report strays. We have a voice mail system for use, in the event that we are too busy to answer the phone or not available. Please feel free to leave a message with complete information. Messages are checked several times daily.

How much does it cost to adopt an animal?

The adoption fee is $75 for a dog/puppy or $50 for a cat/kitten. Animals are spayed or neutered, microchipped, up to date on vaccinations and tested for FELV (cats)/Heartworms (dogs) according to what is age appropriate, for the animal.

Does the Animal Shelt​er accept donations?

Yes. We gladly accept new/used tangible items such as food, blankets, towels, toys, portable kennels and any other serviceable pet-related goods. We also accept monetary donations that assist in the costs of spay / neuters, vaccinations, and the medical needs of the animals. Currently, we are especially in need of kitten food and cat litter.

What number can I call to report wildlife concerns?

Call the Animal Services Department at 972-304-3515. The Animal Services Department loans live traps and provides educational information sheets to City of Coppell residents. We like to try to assist with public education before recommending live trapping. Please give us a call at 972-​304-3515 for assistance with your wildlife concerns.

DFW Wildlife Coalition has some helpful information about various wildlife that can be found in our area. You can visit their website at


​​​Division Commander: Captain Anthony Maurer


​Fawn DeRita
Kennel Technician

​​Charlene Lovato
Animal Services Manager


​Jonathan Horner​​
Animal Services Officer


​Tanesha Riggins
Animal Services Supervisor


​Nina Williams
Administrative Technician


​​Erika Laque
Animal Services Officer