The Building Inspections Department inspects all construction work performed on private property within the city of Coppell. In order to allow the inspector sufficient time to perform inspections, the recorder is cleared at 7:00 a.m. each day. Inspection requests received after 7:00 a.m. will automatically be scheduled for the next day.
If you wish to schedule, there are three manners to do so (Click here for Instructions):
- Electronic Schedule - An inspection can be scheduled by accessing the Impact system. To schedule an inspection online, please click here.
- Telephone Schedule - An inspection can be scheduled by calling the Building Inspections recorder at 972-304-3518 with the following information:
1. Enter 5-digit contractor number
2. Enter 6-digit permit number
3. Enter 2-digit inspection code
- In person - An inspection can be scheduled in person at Building Inspections, 265 E. Parkway Blvd.
After an inspection has been completed, a tag will be left on the premises to indicate whether the inspection was approved or disapproved. These tags are usually placed in a central location. You may also call the Building Inspections recorder at 972-304-3518 to get results of an inspection. For more information, contact the Building Inspections Department at 972-304-3509.