Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


Utility Operations

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​816 S. Coppell Road
P.O. ​Box 9478​​
Coppell, TX 75019​​
Phone: (972)462-5150 
​Please leave a detailed message including your name and phone number. Due to COVID-19, many calls to the City of Coppell are forwarded to offsite phones. As a result, staff may be unable to return calls if you do not leave contact information. 
Fax: (972)462-5199

​​***For water billing inquiries, please visit  ​Utility Billing.***​


If you plan to dig on your property where utility lines such as electric, water, sewer, cable, telephone and natural gas lines may be buried underground, please notify the affected utilities at least two days prior to digging. For your protection from possible serious injury and to avoid liability for damages to any underground utilities, please call Texas811 at 1(800) 344-8377

In order to have the location of water and sewer lines in the City's right-of-way identified, call the Utility Operations Division at (972)462-5150, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 am and 4:30 pm. For the location of other utility lines such as electric, telephone, cable or natural gas, contact your provider of those services. Contact numbers are listed on your monthly bill. You may also call Texas811 at 1(800) 344-8377 or go to the Texas One Call website.


Technicians from the Utility Operations Division can turn your water meter off in order for you to make repairs on your private water line. Call (972) 462-5150 Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 am and 4:30 pm for this service. After repairs are completed, you can arrange to have Utility Operations personnel turn your water meter back on by calling the same number.

After normal business hours, on weekends and holidays, for emergency situations call (972) 462-5150 and the phone system will immediately page the on-call technician. The technician should return your call within fifteen minutes to get the necessary information regarding the problem. You will be asked to leave your name and phone number so the technician can return your call. You may also call Coppell Police Dispatch at (972) 304-3610.

Water Quality​​/Pumping

The City of Coppell Public Works Operations Division is to supply a safe, uninterrupted water supply and maintain the quality of wastewater for public health enjoyment.  The City purchases water from the City of Dallas and the Water Quality Division staff is responsible for distributing a continuous, high quality water supply to our customers.  The City delivers its sewage to the Trinity River Authority for treatment and the Utilities Division staff maintains the system to prevent back-ups and overflows.  Staff provides safe discharge into public waterways, protecting wildlife, operating industries and for economic development.  Licensed operators in the Water Quality Division are dedicated to deliver exemplary customer service.


Delivered fresh to your tap daily, as a water consumer in the City of Coppell you enjoy "Superior" water every time you turn on your tap.  "Superior" is the state's highest water quality designation given to the City of Coppell for excellence in meeting water quality criteria.  The City of Coppell Public Works Operations staff takes special pride in working to maintain this "Superior" designation.  Responsible for water production, distribution and maintenance of water and wastewater infrastructure within Coppell, the Public Works Operations Division has set providing safe and reliable drinking water as its highest priority.​



The purpose of a backflow prevention device is to keep unsafe drinking water from mixing with the potable water supply. A backflow prevention device is to be installed on:
  • all residential irrigation systems;
  • fire sprinkler systems;
  • commercial facilities where chemicals are used;
  • boiler systems; and
  • other systems where drinking water could become contaminated.
  • Backflow Prevention helps the City of Coppell ensure a safe drinking water supply for its residents.​


The plumber, contractor, and/or owner is responsible for having the Backflow Protection Assembly (BPA) tested upon installation and initiation of service by a Tester certified according to TCEQ Rules for the specific type of installation, i.e. FireLine, Irrigation, General, etc.  Thereafter, it will be the responsibility of the party paying the water bill, to have the BPA tested as prescribed by the City of Coppell Public Works based on type of device and Degree of Hazard.  ALL assemblies shall be tested at least annually

If you currently have a BPA in the city's program you will receive a letter every year to have your BPA(s) tested by a licensed tester (BPAT) registered with the city.  Your letter will include a catalog number that has been issued to your address.  This catalog number will be used by BPATs to enter the testing results on the web-based tool.  Customers that would like to view or track the inspection results online at SC Tracking Solutions under the Free Public Access button and you can also look for a tester by clicking on the Need A Service Provider button.​​


Backflow registration is for one year from the date of registration or re-registration. See printable form or o​nline​​ version.​



You may experience sluggish drains in your home or business occasionally. You may also notice an overflow near the property line coming from your city cleanout. This could be caused by a blockage in the sewer line, or it may be the result of tree roots that have grown into the sewer line.

If you experience any of these problems, notify the Utility Operations Division of Public Works by calling (972)462-5150 Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 am and 4:30 pm. For emergency situations after normal business hours and on weekends and holidays, call (972)462-5150.  The phone system will immediately page the on-call technician who should return your call within an appropriate amount of time to get the necessary information regarding the problem. You will be asked to leave your name, phone number, and address so the technician can return your call. You may also call Coppell Police Dispatch at (972)304-3610.

Sewer overflows and backups can cause health hazards, damage to home interiors, and threats to the environment. One of the most common causes of sewer overflows is blockage by grease. Grease gets into the sewer system from household drains and poorly maintained grease traps in restaurants and other businesses. The easiest way to prevent the problem is to keep grease out of the sewer system by following these simple suggestions:

  • Never pour grease down sink drains or into toilets.
  • Scrape grease and food scraps from trays, dishes, pots, pans, utensils and cooking surfaces into a can or into the trash.
  • Don't rinse off oil and grease with hot water.
  • Do not put grease down garbage disposals. Put baskets or strainers in sink drains to catch food scraps and other solids, and empty the drain baskets/strainers into the trash.
  • Be cautious of chemicals and additives that claim to dissolve grease. Some of these additives simply pass grease down the pipes where it can clog the sewer line in another area.​
  • Talk to your friends and neighbors about the grease problem in the sewer system and how to keep it out.
  • Call the Utility Operations office at (972)462-5150 for more information.


  • ​​1101 Village Parkway Blvd
  • 816 S Coppell Rd



Temporary fire hydrant construction meters are available to contractors working in Coppell during the life of their project. 

  • $1400.00 deposit is required for the meter.
  • Customer is NOT allowed to move meter or relocate meter to different jobs/projects; separate meters are required for individual projects. 
  • Only yellow fire hydrants may be used in conjunction with the meter. 
  • Customer must call Water Billing at (972)304-3695 between the 1st and 10th of each month to report the reading. 
  • Customer is responsible for the meter at all times while in their possession.

City will deposit the $1400.00 upon receipt.  A minimum bill that includes the first 1,000 gallons will be assessed and all water in excess of the first 1,000 gallons will be billed accordingly.

To apply and pay see online​ form.



The virus that causes COVID-19 has not been detected in treated drinking water. Water treatment plants use filters and disinfectants to remove or kill germs, like the virus that causes COVID-19. The Environmental Protection Agency regulates water treatment plants to ensure that treated water is safe to drink.

Currently, there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people by drinking treated water. COVID-19 is spread mainly through close contact from person-to-person. You can continue to use and drink water from your tap as usual.​