The City of Coppell welcomes the opportunity to recognize residents, special events and programs, businesses, corporate partners, and employees on those exceptional occasions which make Coppell a community we are all proud to call home.
1) All ceremonial requests are subject to final approval by the Mayor and/or City Council. The City of Coppell reserves the right to:
a) edit all requests to reflect the City’s vision, mission, and goals; and
b) decline any request without further details.
2) All requests should have a specific local connection with the City of Coppell unless the request involves a special significance to the City, region, or state, as determined by the Mayor.
3) All requests should be made through the Proclamation Request Form. Please be prepared to provide complete and detailed information, and sample language, to fulfill the request along with information on a contact person for the request.
4) In order to accommodate preparation and scheduling, all requests should be made as far in advance as possible, with a minimum of 10 days prior to the occasion.
5) A staff member will contact you once your request is approved and ready. Submitted requests should not be assumed automatically approved.
Proclamations – A proclamation is a formal declaration by the Mayor in honor of a special event. Proclamations will not be issued for business groundbreaking, ribbon-cutting, or grand opening events. One formal presentation copy will be provided at no charge. Additional presentation copies will be made available upon request. When notified they are ready, proclamations should be picked up at Coppell Town Center unless other arrangements have been made.
On occasion, proclamations may be presented by the Mayor or a Councilperson at a Council meeting or an event. If you would like the proclamation presented at a Council meeting or an event, please indicate this with your request. At the presentation of the proclamation in a Council meeting, please have three or more guests in attendance to accept the proclamation.