Filing a Claim
Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool
Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool (TMLIRP) is the City's insurance carrier. All liability claims are forwarded to TMLIRP by the City of Coppell. To learn more about claims: Article 11, Section 11.09 of the Home Rule Charter
What to Expect
- All claimants must start by completing the Notice of Claim.
- TMLIRP will assign an adjuster and a claim number within a few days.
- TMLIRP will contact the claimant if there are any questions or if additional information is needed. The length of time the investigation takes depends on the complexity of the claim and volume of claims being processed by TMLIRP at that time.
- Once the investigation is complete, a letter will be sent to the claimant and to the City providing the findings and outcome. Any questions about the outcome should be directed to TMLIRP.
- Approved Claims - The assigned adjuster will send you a claim acceptance letter with a Release of Claims Form which you must sign before a Notary Public and return the original to the adjuster. It may take several days after the receipt of your properly executed Release for the assigned adjuster to process your settlement check. Once you sign the Release and receive the settlement check your claim is concluded and is final.
- Denied Claims - The assigned adjuster will send you a denial letter with an explanation of the reason(s) your claim was denied. There are situations where the City may not be responsible or obligated to pay your claim. For example, there may be another party responsible for the claim such as a contractor or another public agency.
Who to Contact
- If you have questions regarding the process or the form, please contact the City by email or call 972-304-3699.
- If you have questions regarding the status or outcome of your claim contact TMLIRP at 1-800-537-6655 or 512-491-2300.