The Building Inspections division requires building permits for all commercial or residential construction or demolitions in the city of Coppell. All permit requests and fee information may be obtained online through the Customer Self Service (CSS) portal, in person at the Building Inspections division located at 265 East Parkway Boulevard, or by calling 972-304-3500, Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm. Please note: the CSS Payment Portal will be unavailable from September 14-15, 2023, for necessary maintenance. You will be unable to submit payment online for permits, plan reviews, or inspections during this time. Those wishing to pay for these services should visit the Town Center Annex, 265 Parkway Blvd., to pay in person while the upgrade is underway. We apologize for the inconvenience! Learn more...
All building permits, or a copy thereof, shall be posted on the site where visible from the street.
All contractors who are performing work are required to be registered with the City of Coppell. Registration must be applied for using the Contractor Registration Form (PDF) and will expire one year from the application date. Applications are not processed until all require documents are received (see form for requirements). Please email your completed forms and documentation to Building Inspections.
Certificate of Occupancy or Contractor Registration
Anyone wishing to apply for a Certificate of Occupancy will need to download and complete the Certificate of Occupancy Application (PDF) form. Please email your completed forms and all required documents to Building Inspections.
- New Residential Permit Requirements
- Mobile Home Permit Requirements
- Gas Test Permit Requirements
- Window Permit Requirements
- Solar Panel Permit Requirements
- Sign Permit Requirements
- Roof Permit Requirements
- Retaining Wall Permit Requirements
- Racking System Permit Requirements
- Residential Remodel Permit Requirements
- Propane Tank Permit Requirements
- Pool Permit Requirements
- Irrigation Permit Requirements
- Generator Permit Requirements
- Garage Enclosure Permit Requirements
- Foundation Repair Permit Requirements
- Flatwork Permit Requirements
- Fence Permit Requirements
- Demolition Permit Requirements
- Construction Trailer Permit Requirements
- Commercial Final Inspection Requirements
- Banner Permit Requirements
- Residential Addition Permit Requirements
- Accessory Building Permit Requirements
- Water Heater Permit Requirements.pdf
Please contact the Building Inspections division at 972-304-3500 for requirements on the following permits:
- Cell Tower
Please contact the Chief Fire Marshal, Tim Oates, in the Fire Department at 972-304-3512 for additional information on the following permits: