The Building Inspections Department requires building permits for all commercial or residential construction or demolitions in the City of Coppell. All permit requests and fee information may be obtained online or from the Building Inspections Department located at 265 East Parkway Boulevard, or by calling 972-304-3500, Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm.
All building permits or a copy thereof shall be posted on the site where visible from the street.
In these unprecedented cold temperatures, we are aware that many of our citizens are in need of plumbing repairs. Permits and inspections are important to ensure that the repairs are done correctly and performed by a qualified, licensed plumber. The law requires it. In an effort to serve your permitting needs better, Building Inspections staff is working to process your plumbing permit applications and schedule inspections as quickly as possible.
All permit applications are online at Coppell Self Service (CSS) portal. For additional information on permitting, contractor registration, and the latest updates on the Building Inspection Department’s operations, go to Building Inspections.
You can arrange inspections for plumbing repair permits by calling 972-304-3516 or emailing Building Inspections when the repair is completed during normal business hours. Please note that this phone number is for plumbing inspections only. Inspections may be conducted by Remote Video Inspection or in person, depending on the nature of the repair. After hours, if you have an emergency repair (defined as an occupied residence without essential utility service requiring a release from the City), please call 972-304-3551.
- Accessory Building Permit Requirements
- Additions Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Banner Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Final Inspection Requirements
- Construction Trailer Requirements (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Fence Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Flatwork Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Foundation Repair Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Garage Enclosure Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Gas Test Permit Requirements
- Generator Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Irrigation Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Mobile Home Permit Requirements (PDF)
- New Residential Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Pool Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Propane Tanks Permit Requirements
- Racking Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Residential Remodel Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Retaining Wall Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Roof Permit Requirements
- Sign Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Solar Panel Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Water Heater Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Window Permit Requirements (PDF)
Please contact the Building Inspections Department at 972-304-3500 for requirements on the following permits:
- Cell Tower
Please contact Tim Oates in the Fire Department at 972-304-3512 for additional information on the following permits:
- Access Control
- Fire Alarm
- Fire Sprinkler
- Hood Suppression
- Temporary Tent