Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget
The Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget process kicked off with a Budget Town Hall in April. Staff presented current projects and major projects planned for the upcoming fiscal year.
Get the Budget Scoop...and FREE Ice Cream!
The budget process starts with the Coppell community! City staff uses input from residents and businesses to inform proposed projects and programs. As part of the annual budget process, City Council holds numerous public workshops, and residents are encouraged to get involved, attend, and provide feedback! Have a question or comment? Let us know!
Coppell's own Marble Slab Creamery is helping us make the budget process extra sweet this year! Community members who join us to get the budget scoop at the workshops will also receive a free scoop of ice cream (while supplies last)! The budget workshops will be held at 6 pm at the Cozby Library and Community Commons, 177 N Heartz Road, on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 16 - City Council will hear presentations from local service organizations requesting City funding. Council will also discuss Special Revenue Funds.
- Tuesday, June 21 - City Council will review Debt Service and the General Fund budget.
- Thursday, June 23 - City Council will discuss the draft budget for the Water and Sewer Fund.
The final budget workshop will be held at 6 pm in the 2nd Floor Conference Room of Coppell Town Center, 255 Parkway Blvd:
- Thursday, July 28 - City Council will discuss Debt Service and the General Fund budget based on certified property values. Council will also discuss the proposed tax rate.
Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget
Each year, the Coppell City Council works diligently to ensure that Coppell maintains its high-quality services while also respecting residents' pocketbooks. The City takes pride in its conservative approach to fiscal responsibility and transparency, and continuously receives accolades from outside agencies regarding its financial strategy and prudent budgeting practices. A strong history of effective financial planning has allowed the City of Coppell to respond to both planned and unanticipated impacts with minimal disruption to high-quality services and quality-of-life programs.
Review the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget
This publication can be made available in alternative formats, such as Braille or large print, by contacting the ADA Coordinator, or other designated official at 972-462-0022 or TDD 1-800-RELAY, TX 1-800-735-2989.
FY 2021-2022 Budget Highlights
- The City’s FY 2021-2022 property tax rate is $0.5800 per $100 valuation, which is the same rate adopted in FY 2021.
- Budgeted revenues total approximately $119 million for all funds, a decrease of 0.04% from the previous fiscal year.
- Sales tax is projected to decrease by 55% from the prior year’s amended budget as a result of the significant impact of the State Comptroller’s sales tax rule.
- Budgeted expenditures total approximately $119 million for all funds, an increase of 3.07% from the previous fiscal year’s adopted budget.
- The budget includes general fund expenditures of approximately $63 million.
- Projects include:
- Replacement of computer equipment in the Fire fleet to help ensure high-quality service delivery while maintaining the ISO-1 rating that helps keep homeowner insurance premiums down
- Expanded operating hours at the library and The CORE to better serve patrons
- Addition of pedestrian safety crosswalks and scheduled facility and streets maintenance projects to keep Coppell safe, walkable and clean