Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Proposed Budget
The proposed budget and proposed tax rate of $0.518731 per $100 valuation will be presented to City Council for approval at the regularly scheduled August 23, 2022, Council meeting. Residents are encouraged to get involved, attend public meetings, and provide feedback! Have a question or comment? Let us know!
Proposed Budget & Tax Rate Highlights
- The proposed tax rate of $0.518731 per $100 valuation is lower than the no new revenue rate of $0.519193.
- This represents the lowest proposed tax rate since at least 1990.
- Total proposed expenditures represent an increase of approximately 11.27% over the current year's adopted budget. Fully funding the City's Capital Replacement Fund and Enterprise Solutions Replacement Fund are the primary factors contributing to this increase.
- If the expenses to fully fund the Replacement Funds are subtracted, total expenditures increased by only 2.66%. In an inflationary period of nearly 9%, City staff is pleased to present a budget that allows us to provide the services our residents expect while also keeping expenditures down.
- The proposed budget was developed as if Rule 3.334 were in effect.
Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget
Each year, the Coppell City Council works diligently to ensure that Coppell maintains its high-quality services while also respecting residents' pocketbooks. The City takes pride in its conservative approach to fiscal responsibility and transparency, and continuously receives accolades from outside agencies regarding its financial strategy and prudent budgeting practices. A strong history of effective financial planning has allowed the City of Coppell to respond to both planned and unanticipated impacts with minimal disruption to high-quality services and quality-of-life programs.
Review the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget
This publication can be made available in alternative formats, such as Braille or large print, by contacting the ADA Coordinator, or other designated official at 972-462-0022 or TDD 1-800-RELAY, TX 1-800-735-2989.
FY 2021-2022 Budget Highlights
- The City’s FY 2021-2022 property tax rate is $0.5800 per $100 valuation, which is the same rate adopted in FY 2021.
- Budgeted revenues total approximately $119 million for all funds, a decrease of 0.04% from the previous fiscal year.
- Sales tax is projected to decrease by 55% from the prior year’s amended budget as a result of the significant impact of the State Comptroller’s sales tax rule.
- Budgeted expenditures total approximately $119 million for all funds, an increase of 3.07% from the previous fiscal year’s adopted budget.
- The budget includes general fund expenditures of approximately $63 million.
- Projects include:
- Replacement of computer equipment in the Fire fleet to help ensure high-quality service delivery while maintaining the ISO-1 rating that helps keep homeowner insurance premiums down
- Expanded operating hours at the library and The CORE to better serve patrons
- Addition of pedestrian safety crosswalks and scheduled facility and streets maintenance projects to keep Coppell safe, walkable and clean