Emergency Trail Marker System
Thirty-six 911 trail markers along the Andrew Brown Trail system and the Campion Trail allow first responders to better pinpoint your location should you need emergency assistance along the trail. This map illustrates the color and code assigned to each section of the trail.
How it Works
In the event of an emergency, trail markers may be utilized to provide 911 dispatch with a more precise location for first responders. Each trail segment has a designated abbreviation and color.
Park visitors should take measures to ensure personal safety such as utilizing the park during open hours, staying aware of trail marker locations along the trail, and having a means of contacting emergency personnel with them.
- Natches Trace Trail (NT): Green
- Moore Road Park (MRP): Yellow
- Andrew Brown East (ABE): Blue
- Andrew Brown Central (ABC): White
- Andrew Brown West (ABW): Orange
- Denton Creek Trail (DC): Red
- Magnolia Park Trail (MP): Grey
- Westhaven Trail (WH): Purple
- Campion Trail (CT): Pink (not pictured)
- Hunterwood Park (HP): Lime Green (not pictured)
- Creekview Trail (CV): Light Blue (not pictured)
- Coppell Nature Park (CNP): Not colored (not pictured)
Lightning Prediction System
A lightning prediction system is in place in some parks and along some trails within the City. The system is designed to alert park, trail and ballfield users that the conditions are favorable for lightning strikes.
How it Works
When conditions are right, the system will sound an alarm. A warning can be provided 8 to 20 minutes before a potential strike occurs. The system monitors a 2-mile radius around the unit. When activated, those in the area should seek shelter immediately. The lightning prediction system operates from 7 am to 11 pm, seven days a week.
Park visitors should always assess weather conditions before going outside and always be prepared to take the appropriate action needed to ensure safety.
- Andrew Brown West/Central/East and Moore Road Park: Four units cover all passive trails, pools and sports fields in the area
- Wagon Wheel Park: Three units cover trails, fields and Wagon Wheel Tennis Center
- MacArthur Park: One unit located between the playground and ballfields
- Pinkerton Elementary School: One unit covers two ballfields