- City Departments
- Police Department
- About Us
- Police Recruiting
It is an exciting time to begin a career with Coppell Police Department. Visit our Employment Opportunities page to submit your application for Police Officer.
To obtain more information about being a valued member of the Coppell Police Department, you can contact our Recruiting Department at 972-304-3631. You may also contact our Recruiting Department to be notified when we have our next police officer exam. The City of Coppell offers a competitive benefits package including tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, and health and dental insurance. All duty gear, equipment, weapon, and uniforms furnished.
It is an exciting time to begin a career with Coppell Police Department. We have experienced tremendous growth over the years and will continue to hire new officers in the coming years. Beginning your career with Coppell Police Department now means you will gain experience, growth, and seniority that will allow you opportunities for promotion eligibility and transfers to specialized divisions within the police department.
Working as a member of the Coppell Police Department means you will be part of an extraordinary team in a city that supports its police department through job security, great pay, excellent benefits, and an atmosphere that provides outstanding relationships between the police and the community it serves. A career with Coppell Police Department is much more than a job, it is a rewarding opportunity to make a positive difference in your community.
Policing is about working with the community to ensure public safety through crime prevention and law enforcement. As a member of the Coppell Police Department, you will have the unique opportunity to accomplish this goal through our core policing strategies of Problem-Oriented policing and Servant Leadership.
What We Do
- Help people by providing public safety to the City Of Coppell
- Promote police / community partnerships through Problem-Oriented Policing and Community Policing
- Provide a wide variety of services to our community including Citizens Police Academy, Junior Police Academy, Citizens on Patrol, Women's Self Defense, and more
- Enforce traffic and parking laws
- Participate in community events and providing public safety at City-sponsored events, sporting events, and other large scale public events
What We Provide
- A wide variety of special assignments including:
- Bike Patrol Unit
- Community Policing Officer
- Criminal Investigations Detective
- Federal Task Force Officer
- K-9 Unit
- Neighborhood Policing Officer
- Police Honor Guard
- School Resource Officer
- Special Investigations Detective
- Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT)
- Traffic / Motorcycle Division
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- Complete duty gear including uniforms, weapons, boots, and protective vests
- Continued job related training and leadership training opportunities
- Generous Medical, Life, and Dental Insurance
- Incentive pay for advanced peace officer certifications
- Incentive Pay for Police Training Officer
- Opportunity for advancement to supervisory positions
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Wellness Incentive
Police Officer Salary Range
- Corporal - Up to $101,930
- Sergeant - Up to $112,562
- Deputy Chief
Peace Officer Certification Pay
|Intermediate Peace Officer||$50|
|Advanced Peace Officer||$100|
|Master Peace Officer||$150|
Additional Incentive Pay
|Plain Clothes Officer||$50 Clothing Allowance|
|Medical Incentive Pay||$150 Toward Dependent Medical Plan or Deferred Compensation Account|
|Education Pay - Bachelor's||$100|
|Education Pay - Master's||$150|
Holidays & Vacations
- 76 Hours Yearly Holiday Pay
- 3 Weeks Vacation Yearly after 2 Years, 2 Weeks Vacation 1st Year
- 8 Hours Personal Holiday Yearly
- 3.69 Hours Sick Leave accrued per pay period
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans (100% Medical and Dental Paid for Employee by City): $150 monthly provided by City to offset dependent's on medical plan or can be used for deferred compensation account
- The City also provides life insurance, long-term disability benefit, retirement benefits, employee assistance plan, and wellness incentives
- The City of Coppell contributes to the Texas Municipal Retirement System at a rate of 2 to 1 up to 7%, and employees are vested after 5 years.
- The City of Coppell offers a retirement plan after 20 years.
- List of Employment Disqualifiers (PDF)
- Minimum Requirements / Hiring Process (PDF)
- Physical Readiness Standards (PDF)
Concept2 Rowing Technique
More information coming soon!