The Operations Division strives to maintain streets and alleys in a safe and drivable condition. In addition, it is our mission to respond to emergency conditions associated with flooding, barricading, snow, and ice control. Furthermore, Public Works Operations provides services to repair broken or settled sidewalks within the city Right-of-Way.
Personnel maintain 368 miles of streets, repair 33,000 square feet of sidewalk and seal 221,000 linear feet of concrete pavement annually.
Please contact the Public Works Operations to repair damaged sidewalks, streets, a curb that is crumbling, or an alley that is sinking. You may also report damage electronically by using the Request for Service form. For emergency situations after normal business hours, weekends and holidays please call Coppell Police Dispatch at 972-304-3610.
If you witness any vandalism, graffiti, or accidental damage to streets or alleys, please contact Public Works Operations or Coppell Police Dispatch at 972-304-3610 after hours.
Annual Street, Alley & Curb Repair Project
The Public Works Department provides administration and oversight of the Annual Street, Alley, and Curb Repair Projects. These projects are conducted generally between April and December of each year using the list of addresses requested or called in for repair from the previous year.
If a street needs repair, a curb is crumbling or an alley is sinking a work order will be issued for evaluation and measurement of the location. The address will be added to a list for repair during next year's contract period. In emergency cases repairs will be made as soon as possible.
The Street Sweeping Program for the City of Coppell consists of sweeping the major thoroughfares listed on bi-annual basis through an outside contractor:
- Bethel Road from Freeport Parkway to western city limit
- Bethel School Road from Harris Street E to MacArthur Boulevard
- Denton Tap Road/Belt Line Road from N city limit to IH 635
- E Belt Line Road from Denton Tap Road E to city limit
- Freeport Parkway from Ruby Road S to IH 635
- Heartz Road from Parkway Boulevard S to Bethel School Road
- MacArthur Boulevard from the north city limit to the south city limit
- Mockingbird Lane from Sandy Lake Road to E Belt Line Road
- Moore Road from E Belt Line Road N to the dead-end at Community Park
- Parkway Boulevard from MacArthur Boulevard W to Coppell Road
- Riverchase Drive from MacArthur Boulevard E/N to Sandy Lake Road
- Royal Lane from Sandy Lake Road S to IH 635
- Samuel Boulevard from MacArthur Boulevard S to Sandy Lake Road
- Sandy Lake Road from Royal Lane to the eastern city limit
- Southwestern Boulevard from Beltline to Freeport Parkway