Community Event Requests & Permit Information
If you are interested in holding a community event, find all the information you need here.
Rental Applications Now Available
- Please allow 5 business days to process your application.
- Please submit your application 90 days prior to the actual event date. This amount of time is required before your event date can be confirmed.
- Depending on the details of your event, you may be asked to attend a meeting to elaborate on your application.
- You may be required to submit specific insurance for your event (administrative processing fees apply).
- Permit, application, and other fees may apply.
- All events hosted in a City of Coppell park must observe the "lightning detection system" if one is present in the park you have reserved.
What is a Community Event?
Community events (aka, private special events) are described in City Ordinance (Article 6-5, Section 6-5-1). If you are interested in having a community event, here are a few helpful things to ask yourself before moving forward:
- Is your anticipated attendance over 200?
- Do you want to close a public street?
- Will you be blocking or restricting the use of public property or limiting the use of parks by the general public?
- Will you be offering merchandise, food, or beverages on public property or on private property?
- Will you be putting up a tent that is bigger than 10' x 10'?
- Will you have a stage, trailer, van, bleachers, or anything that is not normally in that location?
- Are you using third-party vendors?
- Are you planning on blocking public parking?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you will need to fill out a Community Special Event and Walk/Run Event Application and email it to our events staff. After the application is received, our staff will review it and assist you through the rest of the process!
- Pavilion Rental Guidelines (PDF)
- Pavilion Rental Application (Online Form)
- Sample Certificate of Liability Insurance with Endorsement (PDF) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Community Special Event Process (PDF)
- 5K/Fun Run Guidelines (PDF)
- Community Special Event and Walk/Run Event Application (PDF)
- Sample Certificate of Liability Insurance with Endorsement (PDF)
- Suggested 5K Route at Andrew Brown East @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Permits & Rentals Contact Information
|Permit & Rental Type||City Department||Phone Number|
|Animal Permit||Animal Services||972-304-3515|
|Barricades and Cones||Public Works||972-462-5150|
|Block Party Application||Police||972-304-3600|
|Electrical/Generator Permit||Building Inspections||972-304-3506|
|Food Permit||Environmental Health||972-462-5164|
|Pavilion Rental||Parks & Recreation||972-462-5100|
|Sign Permit||Building Inspections||972-304-3506|
|Tent Permit||Fire Administration||972-304-3506|