Community Event Requests & Permit Information
If you are interested in holding a community event, find all the information you need here.
Rentals Unavailable at This Time
Due to current recommendations limiting gathering sizes, indoor and outdoor rental applications will not be accepted until further notice. Staff is still available to answer questions via email or by phone at 972-462-5100. Please leave a detailed message including your name and phone number. Many calls to the City of Coppell are forwarded to offsite phones. As a result, staff may be unable to return calls if you do not leave contact information.
- Please allow 5 business days to process your application.
- Please submit your application 90 days prior to the actual event date. This amount of time is required before your event date can be confirmed.
- Depending on the details of your event, you may be asked to attend a meeting to elaborate on your application.
- You may be required to submit specific insurance for your event.
- Permit, application, and other fees may apply.
- All events hosted in a City of Coppell park must observe the "lightning detection system" if one is present in the park you have reserved.
What is a Community Event?
Community events (aka, private special events) are described in City Ordinance (Article 6-5, Section 6-5-1). If you are interested in having a community event, here are a few helpful things to ask yourself before moving forward:
- Is your anticipated attendance over 200?
- Do you want to close a public street?
- Will you be blocking or restricting the use of public property or limiting the use of parks by the general public?
- Will you be offering merchandise, food, or beverages on public property or on private property?
- Will you be putting up a tent that is bigger than 10' x 10'?
- Will you have a stage, trailer, van, bleachers, or anything that is not normally in that location?
- Are you planning on having more than one small bounce house?
- Are you using third-party vendors?
- Are you planning on blocking public parking?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you will need to fill out a Special Event and Walk/Run Event Application and email it to our Events staff. After the application is received, our staff will review it and assist you through the rest of the process!
Permits & Rentals Contact Information
|Permit & Rental Type||City Department||Phone Number|
|Animal Permit||Animal Services||972-304-3515|
|Barricades and Cones||Public Works||972-462-5150|
|Block Party Application||Police||972-304-3600|
|Electrical/Generator Permit||Building Inspections||972-304-3506|
|Food Permit||Environmental Health||972-462-5164|
|Pavilion Rental||Parks & Recreation||972-462-5100|
|Sign Permit||Building Inspections||972-304-3506|
|Tent Permit||Fire Administration||972-304-3506|