The indoor pool is available for lap lane and play feature usage.
For facility policies and procedures, view The CORE Pass Holder Handbook (PDF).
Pool Status Hotline: 972-695-3539
Current indoor pool are as follows:
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 5 am to 8 pm
- Wednesday: 5 am to 8 pm
- Saturday: 8 am to 6 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm to 6 pm
Water Safety Month!
May is National Water Safety Month, and The CORE is celebrating with a scavenger hunt around the city! Each Monday this May, a hint will be posted to the Coppell Parks and Recreation Facebook and Instagram pages with a hint to find our mascot, Otto the Octopus! Find all of them and be entered to win our grand prize drawing!
Share with us! Take a photo with Otto and tag @CoppellParks with #FindOtto on social media for an additional entry into the Grand Prize drawing! Join us this May to learn more about water safety and win some awesome prizes!
- Tickets for a family of 4 to the Dallas World Aquarium
- Goody bag
Runner Up Prizes:
- (4) 30 minute private swim lessons
- Coast Guard approved lifejacket
- First 25 children to complete the hunt will receive a reversible Otto the Octopus plush!
- Each family who completes the hunt will receive up to 4 day passes for entrance into The CORE to swim with us this summer.
Water Safety Tips
1) Number 1 rule, walk by the pool.
2) Adult supervision is a must.
3) When in the water, wear US Coast Guard approved lifejacket.
4) Take time for break time - eat snacks, go to the bathroom and reapply sunscreen.
5) Listen to what the lifeguard tells you. Trained lifeguards are here to help!
6) When thunder roars. go indoors.
7) Be sun smart - wear at least SPF 30 sunscreen.
8) If something falls in, call an adult to get in.
In-Person Swim Lessons
The CORE offers swim lessons for all levels! Whether you have a child who is new to the water or you want to improve their skills, private or group swim lessons are offered to help them reach their swimming goals. Summer swim lessons are held outdoors, run two weeks in duration, and are offered Monday - Thursday from 6/6 - 8/11. Preschool and Beginner classes are free to Coppell residents.
Coppell Crocs Swim Team
Ready to take your swimming to the next level? Join the Coppell Crocs! Training focuses on developing endurance, technique of all four strokes, effective breathing, and proper flip turns. In-water practice begins on Tuesday, May 31. "Meet the Coach" night is Tuesday, May 24 at 5:30 pm.
Red Team Practice: Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 7:00 am
White Team Practice: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Denton Circuit Meet: Friday, June 3
Trophy Club Meet: Saturday, June 18
Regional Meet: Saturday and Sunday, July 9 and 10
Virtual Swim Lessons
For those that would prefer to practice from home, our staff has provided lesson to keep children safe in and near the water! Virtual Swim lessons are designed to teach basic swimming skills using a bathtub and other items found at home. Click on the links below to view PDFs and videos.
Remember, children should always be supervised when near the water.