Local Author Collection
This donation–based collection is intended to support and promote the creative expression of local, self-published or independently-published authors in our community. Authors interested in adding their book to the collection must read the donation guidelines below before submitting a Local Author Submission form.
• Authors must reside in the DFW metroplex.
• The Library will only accept one copy of any title.
• Author donations are limited to three titles per year.
• Items must be in new condition and published within the last 5 years.
• Submissions must be donated to the library and become the property of the Cozby Library and Community Commons and the City of Coppell.
• The Library will only accept professionally bound print bound books for this collection.
• The author must represent and warrant full ownership and/or legal rights to publish all materials in the book.
• The library cannot acknowledge receipt of your work, nor can we meet with individuals to discuss their work. You will be notified when a decision has been made.
• The items will be searchable in the catalog.
• While professional reviews are not required, each work will be evaluated according the same inclusion and retention guidelines as stated in the general collection development policy by the librarian responsible for managing that collection. The library reserves the right to include or exclude any title from the collection for any reason. Materials provided to the library may be removed for any reason, at any time.
• Materials that are accepted and added to the collection will be subject to the same standards as any other library material and may be reconsidered, weeded, and withdrawn in the course of time. Materials which are not added to the collection or are withdrawn and are in good condition will be given to the Library’s Book Sale or recycled where appropriate. No items can be returned to individuals. Titles that are discarded, lost, or withdrawn are not automatically replaced.