Yard of the Month Program (YOM)
The purpose of the Yard of the Month program is to promote goodwill and recognize and support City of Coppell residents who demonstrate exemplary efforts in maintaining their homes and yards to enhance the overall appearance of the entire community. The program will be managed by the City of Coppell Community Development Department and judging is done by its volunteers and volunteers from the Keep Coppell Beautiful Committee. For the months of April through September, the Committee will choose up to six (6) yards per month that exemplify curb appeal, beauty, thereby contributing to the overall appearance of the community at large.
Guidelines – Yard of the Month
- Yard of the Month candidates will be judged on the total appearance of their exterior property and front yard as viewed from the street. Criteria for judging will be based on the visual attractiveness, creativity, originality, beautification, and overall maintenance.
- All City of Coppell residential properties are automatically eligible to be nominated for Yard of the Month.
- The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of the residents or that of a professional landscaper or groundskeeper.
- The same property cannot receive more than one award in the same calendar year (Not including Holiday Decoration Contests).
- Winners may be disqualified if their property is in violation of any city ordinances.
- Winners must be willing to have photos of their yard published on-line at the city’s website and social media.
- Yards of the Month are awarded on the first week of each calendar month.
Contest Submissions – Yard of the Month
- Registration is FREE!
- Residents may nominate their own yard or another resident’s yard for Yard of the Month.
- Nominations begin on the 15th of the month to the end of the month. Winners will be chosen the first week of the month. (See Submission Calendar)
- Click here to submit a nomination.
- Nominations must include a photo of the yard, the address of the residence and the name of the person nominating.
- City of Coppell “Yard of the Month” sign placed in their yard
- Certificate of recognition and photo on the city website & social media