The City of Coppell is on a mission to make it easier for residents to get all of the information they need to stay up to date with the community, and city staff has been working diligently to design a brand-new website to make it easier to stay connected!
We're excited to announce that the transition to the new website will be official on Tuesday, February 9. Beginning on this day, coppelltx.gov will have a completely new look. The website URL will not change, and residents should continue to access coppelltx.gov for official City of Coppell information.
We want your feedback! If you spot an error, come across a broken link or want to offer a suggestion, simply email us to let us know.
The goal of the website redesign project was to go beyond a simple website update. Instead, the City wanted to truly recreate the user experience. In addition to updated graphics and a clean look, the new website is fully ADA compliant, mobile friendly, makes accessing City services easier and more intuitive, and offers multiple ways for residents to stay connected with the City.
Inside the New Website
Community members are encouraged to create an account to optimize their experience and sign up for customized subscriptions. Just click "Create an Account" in the top lefthand corner!
Along with the fresh look, the website’s new and enhanced features include:
- Easy-to-use navigation and a variety of search options, including a homepage search bar, drop-down menus, and graphic links
- Prominent buttons to make it easier to sign up for alerts, pay utility bills and apply for permits
- A responsive design that provides consistent viewing on any device or computer
- Updated and simplified content throughout, in a scannable format
- Customizable subscription lists
- Notify Me: Sign up to receive email or text message alerts about things like mosquito spraying, construction and road closures, and upcoming community events
- News Flash alerts: Sign up to receive email or text message alerts about news topics that matter to you
- Calendar alerts: Sign up to receive email or text message alerts about upcoming events in categories of your choosing
- Customized and expanded pages for the Cozby Library and Community Commons, Coppell Police, Coppell Fire, and Coppell Parks and Recreation to help patrons quickly find classes, activities or public safety information
- A listing of City of Coppell facilities, including amenities, location information and maps
- Interactive calendars that allow you to view all City events or narrow the list down to only the topics you’re interested in
- Directory of departmental contact information to help you quickly get in touch with the right person
The new website comes six years after the City’s last website update. The City of Coppell partnered with CivicPlus, a leading government website provider, to analyze current site data, create a new look and layout based on this data, and build out the City’s new digital space. The new platform comes with CivicPlus’s proprietary content management system, which makes it significantly easier for staff to make changes to the site, saving time and City resources.