The City of Coppell updated the Drought Contingency and Water Conservation Plan last year, and this is the first time we have implemented it. On Thursday, August 7, 2023, after we made the announcement that we were moving to Stage 2 restrictions, we received numerous calls and messages from residents letting us know that the ordinance was more than a little confusing. As a result, we have updated the identified watering days to those listed on the website. City staff will be working with City Council in the future to update the ordinance to reflect the schedule we currently have in place. For now, please follow the days listed below and on our website, not those listed in the ordinance.
Under Stage 2: Water Watch, utility customers must limit their irrigation to the following days:
- Water customers, including residential and business customers, with even numbered street addresses (street addresses ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8) must conduct all watering on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Water customers, including residential and business customers, with odd numbered street addresses (street addresses ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9) must conduct all watering on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday.
- Schools must conduct all watering of school sites, school facilities, and other areas maintained by the schools on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- Homeowner associations (HOAs) and commercial property owner associations (POAs) must conduct all watering of common property on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- Nursery (garden and landscape) businesses are not restricted when watering business inventory; however, they must comply with watering requirements for any landscaping associated with their facilities.
No outside watering will be allowed between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm, with the exception of hand watering, the use of non-spray irrigation systems, and the use of soaker hoses, which will be allowed all days, at all times during Stage 2.