Waggin' Tails Park
Waggin' Tails Dog Park
Waggin' Tails Dog Park is a 2.5 acre park with spaces for large and small dogs.
The park is open during regularly scheduled hours. Closed on Wednesdays for mowing and maintenance. The park closes without prior notice when wet, icy or other hazardous conditions exist. Dog water fountains are shut down at this time. Make sure your dog has fresh water by bringing your own water and bowl.
We urge you to continue to practice social distancing measures when in the parks or on the trails and maintain 6 feet of space from others.
The safety of our two- and four-legged guests is a high priority for us and with that in mind we are asking all guests to adhere to the following COVID-19 guidelines:
- Limit your dog’s interaction with other people outside of your household.
- Avoid touching common items in the dog park. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after touching items at the park.
- Limit other pet items brought to the park such as toys. Clean and disinfect anything taken to the park and returned home, such as leashes, toys, water bowls.
- Stay home if you or your pet are sick or have recently been in close contact with a person with COVID-19. Signs of illness in dogs may include fever, coughing, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, lethargy, sneezing, discharge from the nose or eyes, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- No children less than 10 years of age allowed in the off-leash area.
- Children between the ages of 10 to 15 years old must be under strict adult supervision.
- Children are not allowed to run with or chase after dogs in the Dog Park.
- Dogs must be licensed and have proof of current rabies vaccinations.
- Dogs belonging to Coppell residents must display city license tags issued by Animal Services.
- Owners are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
- Park users and dog owners assume all risk related to use of the Dog Park.
- No more than 3 dogs per adult.
- Dogs to remain on leash while entering and exiting the fenced area.
- Dogs must be off-leash while in the Dog Park.
- Owners are to stay within the park and within view of their dog.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed immediately.
- Owners must have a visible leash at all times.
- Owners are responsible for removal and disposal of feces of their pets.
- No puppies under 4 months of age.
- Dogs “in heat” are not allowed.
- Small dog area is for animals less than 30 lbs. only. Small dogs may play in the large dog area at their own risk.
- Food is not allowed in the Dog Park.
- Violators may be subject to removal from the park and suspension of park privileges.
- Owners release and discharge the City of Coppell from liability for any injury or damage caused to or by pets during any time while using the park. If a dog bite to a human should occur, it must be reported to the City of Coppell Animal Services Department 972-304-3515.
- Dogs are prohibited in or on ballfield area of MacArthur Park.